Thursday, April 26, 2007

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus!

I just discovered a new website via one of my favorite Gun Boards. Go check out Students for Concealed Carry on Campus . It great to see a grass-roots effort to allow holders of a Concealed Carry Permit to exercise their right to self-defense while on University property.

Honestly, I wish we lived in a world where our homes and schools were true sanctuaries where violence could not forcibly enter. Unfortunately that world does not exist, yet far too many people who seem exhibit an almost Pollyannaish naivety seem to believe it does. They believe that they can create “zones” where guns aren’t allowed and people can “feel safe.” That illusion is all too frequently broken by the uncomfortable reality that there are people out there who simply do not respect others rights.

I wish this group all the best, and I’ve added them to my featured links at right!

Until next time!

No comments: