Saturday, December 20, 2008

Rose City Gun Show Report

Went to the gun show in Portland today – attendance was down from last time – of course I think that has a lot to do with the major snowstorm coming through the Portland area today. We already had about 10” of snow in the hills outside Portland, but they only had a dusting in town. Scappoose now has 13” and we have almost 20” of snow.

Ammunition was back at the show, although the prices are twice what I was paying 2-3 years ago. You could get 500 rounds of .223 for $170 or so for the low-end stuff. 7.62x39 was a bit less plentiful but roughly in the same ballpark. Anything that could be mis-labeled an “assault rifle” by ignorant gun grabbers has also gone up in price anywhere from 30% to 50% since before the election, and there were few to be found.

Not as many C&R rifles as I’d hoped to see. Unfortunately a lot of people were packing up shop early because of the weather. I figure very few people will be at the show tomorrow. I had my eye on a couple of decent home defense shot guns, but didn’t pick one up. My wife hasn’t gotten my Christmas present yet though . . .

I actually saw a lot of people I knew behind the tables. I’m thinking about setting up a table next time around, but we’ll see how it goes.

Until next time!!!

No comments: