Monday, June 22, 2009

Hornady to Produce 7.62x39 / 5.45x39

I came across an article over at Tactical Gun Fan reporting that Hornady will soon begin to produce both 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 ammunition. Hornady’s new ammunition will use inexpensive berdan primed steel cases from Russia, but will fill them with modern powder and use a modern personal defense bullet, a 123-grain V-MAX. The use of modern powders will reduce muzzle flash and the improved bullets offer superior stopping power and accuracy.

I personally can’t wait to get my grubby hands on a box or few of these beauties to see how they perform in my stable of 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 rifles.

Until next time!!!

2 comments:

Micah said...

Sweet! I expect a full report. I hope my AKs will smile :)

Fingolfen said...

Will do - may even pull out the chrony... :D