Sunday, June 21, 2009

Tantal Build Follow-up

Well, I just got back from range testing my Tantal build. I added a little lubricant to the moving parts, but I didn’t fiddle with the sights at all, they are the way they were when I received the decommissioned rifle as a parts kit. All I can say is WOW!!! I was using a mix of Wolf hollow point and Barnaul soft point 5.45mm ammunition. In comparative milk jug shooting at ranges of roughly 100 yards I was extremely accurate – on par with a friend’s AR-15. The rifle was comfortable to shoot and cycled cleanly with both a Polish polymer magazine and an East German Bakelite magazine.

I’ve found a source of a U.S. muzzle brake for the weapon, and I now have it on order. Once that comes in I’m planning on going back to the original Bakelite pistol grip that matches the rest of the furniture (well, as much as any furniture matches on a Tantal these days).

Until next time!!!

No comments: