Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Merkley “Responds” on McDonald

Further cementing my opinion that Merkley is merely a party mouthpiece with absolutely no business being in the Senate, I’ve received a response to my email regarding the upcoming McDonald case. Unlike Representative Wu who actually responded to the issue, this is what Merkley’s automated system mailed back:

“Recently, I received the email you sent to my office through a third-party organization. I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch and please be assured that I closely review the thoughts expressed in such emails. I know that these third-party emails can be a useful tool to communicate your opinions.

“If you would like to expand on the email I received through the third party, please feel free to contact me directly by using the webform at http://merkley.senate.gov/contact to send me an email. I value your personal stories and insights into the issues facing our state and the nation.

“You can also visit my website at www.merkley.senate.gov for more information about my positions and to learn how my office can further assist you.

“It is an honor to serve as your Senator, and I look forward to hearing from you again in the future.”


Translation – I didn’t read your mail. I don’t care about what you said. I don’t care what you think. I’m not beholden to you or your views.

I have a half mind to resubmit the letter using his form and see if I get a different response. It’s clear that Merkley filters his mail and only accepts emails from sources that are deemed ideologically pure by his party masters. Quite frankly, I’m disgusted.

Until next time!!!

2 comments:

Troy said...

Yeah, I got the same automated response to my last correspendence to him (I believe I used the GOA's activism tools)... I just sat there for a while shaking my head. Then the anger set in. Who the hell are you working for as a senator if you're not reading mail from the voters? :-\

Fingolfen said...

I used the GOA system as well. Something tells me his office just sh*t cans those... but the ones from "moveon" and the rest of the leftists come through just fine...

I resubmitted my comments through his form. If I get the same BS back I'm going on a crusade against this stuffed shirt.