Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday Round Up

What had been a somewhat quiet week on the gun scene changed this morning with the latest attempt to instate a so-called “assault weapon ban” in Washington. My take is posted below.

There’s still a huge discussion going on over at Northwest Firearms about the NRA. Right now I’m in a bit of a death match over how a 501(c) should work and what the NRA does with its money.

Another interesting thread details an order for being filled by Winchester for 40 million rounds of .40 S&W ammo for the Department of Homeland Security. Wish they’d send me some. My poor Glock is hungry!

Speaking of Glock – the Glock Talk fundraiser results have been announced. Congratulations to all of the bast... errr... lucky winners. I was skunked again!

Just received the stuff I won from Greg Martin Auctions. I’m pleased overall. The Arisaka turns out to be matching. It was a “take a chance” gun, as GMA still has problems properly describing Japanese firearms. I’ll post pictures just as soon as I get my camera back.

Until next time!!!

3 comments:

Micah said...

It's been a month! What happened?!

Troy said...

Hear, hear! :-D

Fingolfen said...

Sorry - bad case of life...